Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing
The 2020 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing will consist of the main conference, workshops, and tutorials.
EMNLP offers 24 workshops to suit a wide range of interests:
- Fifth Conference on Machine Translation (WMT20): A two day conference on machine translation with shared tasks.
- Workshop on Insights from Negative Results in NLP: Let's take a break from chasing leaderboards! Your negative results might save others time, or poke holes in things we take for granted.
- Search-Oriented Conversational AI (SCAI): This workshop aims to bring together researchers from the NLP, Machine Learning, and IR communities to lay the ground for search-oriented conversational AI and establish future directions and collaborations.
- Workshop on Cognitive Modeling and Computational Linguistics (CMCL): The CMCL workshop provides a venue for computational research on cognitive theories of language processing, representation and acquisition.
- Interactive and Executable Semantic Parsing (Int-Ex): Map natural language to meaning representations executed in databases, knowledge graphs, robotic environment and software applications.
- SustaiNLP: Workshop on Simple and Efficient Natural Language Processing: Promoting computationally efficient NLP and justified model complexity. Encouraging conceptual NLP novelty, discouraging "more compute".
- 1st Workshop on Computational Approaches to Discourse: The Workshop on Computational Approaches to Discourse (CODI) covers all aspects of discourse and its computational modeling.
- The Fourth Workshop on Abusive Language Online: The workshop focuses on online abuse through a multi-disciplinary lens, drawing on social sciences, law, media studies, and more.
- NLP and Computational Social Science (NLP+CSS): This workshop focuses on NLP for Social Sciences, interdisciplinary work in CSS, and integrating CSS with current trends in NLP.
- LOUHI 2020 - 11th International Workshop on Health Text Mining and Information Analysis: an interdisciplinary forum for researchers interested in automated processing of health documents
- Evaluation and Comparison of NLP Systems: The workshop focuses on designing evaluation metrics, reporting trustworthy results and creating adequate and correct evaluation data.
- CoNLL 2020: CoNLL is a yearly top-tier NLP conference that has been organized by SIGNLL since 1997.
- 4th Workshop on Structured Prediction for NLP: Structured prediction with continuous representations, task-level supervision and latent linguistic structure.
- Workshop on NLP for Positive Impact: Our workshop aims to promote NLP research that will positively impact society, through proactive and responsible methods.
- First Workshop on Scholarly Document Processing (SDP 2020): SDP is a full day workshop that provides an interdisciplinary venue for researchers interested in any aspect of mining scientific literature. SDP includes a research track and three shared tasks: 6th CL-SciSumm, 1st LongSumm, 1st LaySumm.
- NLP Beyond Text: Can you really know if someone is sarcastic by only reading his texts? If the answer is no, the NLPBT workshop is what you're looking for.
- PrivateNLP 2020: The First Workshop on Privacy in NLP: PrivateNLP focuses on Privacy Preserving systems: differential privacy, anonymized datasets and models, GDPR compliance, and shared tasks!
- Second Workshop for NLP Open Source Software (NLP-OSS): Democratizing NLP!
- Spatial Language Understanding: Spatial Language Understanding, Learning/Reasoning on Spatial Semantics, (sub)Symbolic Representations and Grounding Language in Perception
- SIGTYP 2020: The Second Workshop on Computational Research in Linguistic Typology: Bringing together researchers interested in applying computational techniques to problems in linguistic typology and multilingual NLP.
- 3rd Clinical Natural Language Processing Workshop (Clinical NLP 2020): Explore challenges and promises of clinical text: understand a patient's story, predict health outcomes, advance medical research, and more.
- Deep Learning Inside Out (DeeLIO): The First Workshop on Knowledge Extraction and Integration for Deep Learning Architectures: Deep Learning Inside Out: Knowledge Extraction and Integration for Deep Learning Architectures with special focus on low-data regimes
- 6th Workshop on Noisy User-generated Text (W-NUT 2020): Social media, crowdsourcing, medical texts, language learner essays, and more! 2 keynotes, 130 PC members, talks and 1-min madness for posters
- BlackboxNLP 2020: Analyzing and interpreting neural networks for NLP: Open the black-box of neural networks in NLP and make sense of the big pile of goo inside it
EMNLP will feature tutorials across a wide range of topics. All tutorials are three hours in length:
- Machine Reasoning for Knowledgeable, Explainable and Inferable Models by Nan Duan, Duyu Tang and Ming Zhou
- Interpreting Predictions of NLP Models by Eric Wallace, Matt Gardner and Sameer Singh
- High Performance Natural Language Processing by Gabriel Ilharco, Cesar Ilharco Magalhaes and Kenton Lee
- Fact-Checking, Fake News, Propaganda, and Media Bias: Truth Seeking in the Post-Truth Era by Preslav Nakov and Giovanni Da San Martino
- The Amazing World of Neural Language Generation by Yangfeng Ji, Antoine Bosselut, Thomas Wolf and Asli Celikyilmaz
- Representation, Learning and Reasoning on Spatial Language for Down-stream NLP Tasks by Parisa Kordjamshidi, James Pustejovsky and Marie-Francine Moens
- Simultaneous Translation by Liang Huang, Colin Cherry, Mingbo Ma, Naveen Arivazhagan and Zhongjun He
Upcoming AI & ML Events Newsletter
Monthly to your email. No spam. Trusted by AI & ML experts.